Sunday, October 12, 2008

Safely in my apartment!

I arrived in my apartment today! I feel EXTREMELY lucky in my placement though I've probably not been here long enough to make a proper assessment, haha!

I REALLY lucked out because my internet is included in my rent!! It's really inexpensive to live here! I can't believe it!! And I really REALLY lucked out because I can see my school from my window! Even on a slow day it's a three-minute walk max!! And the best part? I'm within spitting distance of the biggest mall I've ever seen including a massive grocery store with lots of imports! There's a lot of American stores around here (Claire's Accessories, Tower Records, Starbucks, McDonalds, and of course Louis Vitton and Coach) but I'm determined not to fall into the pit of the familiar! I want to try lots of new things!!

My apartment is GREAT because it has a BIG loft! I was thinking about sleeping up there and using the rest of the room as a bit of a living room but there was a bed here (unexpected! YAY!) so I think I'll sleep down here on the bed! (If any guests come, nudge nudge, they can sleep in the bed, which I plan to line with LOTS of soft cushy pads, and I'll sleep in the loft. It's curtained for privacy and pretty unusual as far as I understand so I feel very lucky!! My neighbor and coworker, whose name is pronounced "eye" though I haven't gotten the correct spelling yet, told me she doesn't even have one!)

Speaking of neighbors!!! My coworkers, Eye and Gary, are also my neighbors and they have already made me feel SO WELCOME!! Gary picked me up from the train station and showed me the school and Eye has promised to help me decorate my sadly bare apartment! (Gary is a NET [Native English Teacher] from England and Eye is a JAT [Japanese English Teacher]) They're both extremely kind and I already know we're going to get along really well!! I've yet to meet my Manager and I don't know where she lives yet but I don't believe she's a neighbor.

I think that's about it for now! I am in desperate need of a nap before I go out tonight, haha!
I'm 11 hours ahead of people in Massachusetts if that's helpful to you all!!
Have a good one!! I'll try to post pictures soon (like, as soon as I'm able to look around, haha! Lots of cleaning today!!)

No comments: