Sunday, March 8, 2009

Hanging with Miharu

This is a few weeks overdue, but things have been uber busy lately (and are expected to get even more so over the next month as the normal school year starts in April). My friend Miharu and I hung out all day and she took me to a great temple about thirty minutes northwest from my house. A few flowers were just starting to bloom but I forgot my camera, so these are from my cell phone. Not toooo bad...



I cracked Miharu up! Can you tell? A ton of people suffer from hayfever here and allergies so they wear the mask to try to cut out the pollen. She feels fine and forgot she was even wearing the mask.



Too dark, sorry!!

Around the back of the temple was the gong and the monk's house (which was suprisingly modern "in my image"). (Does anyone else's students say that constantly?)


A better angle! The temple was actually closed but we wandered around the back to the gardens and walked up a moutain. Good times!


Side view of the temple.


This is the BEST thing ever!!!!!! This is a side view of the monk's house.
I was climbing, climbing, climbing and glanced back at the house. LOOK AT THR ROOF towards the left:
they have a sattelite dish!!! This is totally not in my image, LOL, but it made us crack up!



The view from the top of the mountain. Gorgeous! I wish the expansiveness could be conveyed on a cell phone camera. *sigh*




This was a really fun day!!! I couldn't get a picture quick enough (we didn't stop) but I saw an orange grove for the first time this day and it was amazing!! So BRIGHT and vast, it was awesome! It actually made me feel really happy and lucky, my heart warmed up when I saw it. Maybe I should be an orange farmer? LOL!

No comments: