Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Life in Pictures


I went out with Wendell and Ai alll day (and night) yesterday and we had so much fun! I told them about the Recycle shop I went to last week and they wanted to see it too so we hopped a bus and were on our way! The interesting thing about this shop (and speaks volumns about people here, I think) is that they have tons of namebrand, really nice, brand new with tags, etc. stuff that people just got rid of (although we're not sure yet if it's a pawn shop or just a depository?). And everything from electronics to paintings, bicycles to clothes, toys to traditional kimono, a bunch of slot machines, re-ment, washers, furniture, musical instruments, cds, movies, and of course the namebrand goodies at insanely low prices: Burberry, Chanel, Hermes, Coach, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany&Co., etc.

I bought a bike which I am insanely stoked about! It is a gorgeous reddish/maroon color (which is extremely unusual in Japan) and looks brand new! Bikes here are amazing with all the little bells and whistles! There's lights that power up as you pedal so you don't have to worry about batteries dying, a bell, an attached lock (not a chain) so the bike can't be stolen, a registered number so if it gets stolen the police can track it, a big basket on the front, and a flat thing on the back to strap down something or give a friend a ride (which might technically be illegal... maybe... perhaps... but I'm a dumb gaijin so I don't understand the laws)! =D

So we went through the store's two floors with a fine-tooth comb and each got some goodies at rock bottom prices and then went to a super yummy Japanese resturant for dinner (can you say BEST chicken ever? YUM!!)! Ai went to bed after that but Wendell and I headed out for some karaoke and massage chairs. Ahhhh, fun!



While I was picking out my bike, Ai took this one alllll around the store! It was hysterical to me!!!


We found a Hawaiian/tropical style hotel on the way home, complete with palm trees and burning torches outside! It made us feel like we were in the tropics!! Ahhhhh, our images are so fun!!



Wendell and Elliot sharing a moment. Wendell said he wants one, too and he's going to name it Wallace.
That is too fabulous for words!


Ai was making a moutache with her hair and laughing like a Frenchman. It was great!


Wendell doing the YES Dance at karaoke! HYSTERICAL!!

No comments: