Monday, December 29, 2008

I just remembered something that I wanted to share with everyone, LOL!

There's a store in our mall that sells some really unusual and funny things (think Spencer's Gifts WITHOUT all the "adult" things!) and a few days ago I made a hilarious discovery there!

Alice in Wonderland was playing on a small tv near the back of the store and so (naturally) it caught my eye.
As I got closer (the sound was turned way down) I realized that it had been dubbed into Japanese. How interesting...

As I moved closer still, I see that there are several Disney movies to choose from in this fashion, but there's something strange about the cases...

They look very cheap, like color copies from Kinko's or something...

Then I look at the price tag...

525 yen each. That's about $5.00 in U.S. funds.

Sooooo, it all clicks into place that these DVDs are perhaps bootlegs but I'm perplexed as to why they're being sold in a retail store in the mall, where everything else is genuine??

And I'm also wrestling with the idea of buying the Alice one, LOL, since I'm such a huge fan of the movie! =D

I know no one will think that's half as interesting as my previous post, lol, but I couldn't resist!! =D
Have a beautiful day!

1 comment:

Nick said...

I saw that too, and I was going to buy the Alice one ahhhhh crazy