Monday, November 24, 2008

No Gaijin Allowed



Oh my gosh, did anyone else know that Gaijin (foreigners) are not allowed in some bars in Tokyo's fashionable Roppongi district??? I found this hilarious t-shirt that really captures what is probably the typical American's response, te he!! ENJOY!


And now for something completely different:
Has anyone heard of Re-ment? They make these amazing miniatures that have exquisite detail! Lately they've even taken to making Disney series (like Mickey's 50's Cafe! SO CUTE!) and they're extremely inexpensive and well-made. I think I smell an obsession brewing, LOL, but for now I'm happy just to look at the pictures online! They are super cute!!

I hope everyone is doing well! I'm not up to anything new, mostly working and relaxing in my free time.
I'm saving my pennies to pay off debt and finance little excursions around the country and it's going well. =D

I wish I had something more interesting to say, LOL!
Ah, for those of you who don't know, my friend Sara has a great blog about food (and life) in Japan. You can find it under the "blogs I subscribe to" section. This week she has some hysterical pictures of the many flavors of Kit-Kats here in Japan! Today I had muscat (green grape) flavored! Sara has tried melon (I'm so jealous!), strawberry (in milk and white chocolate), blueberry, and orange! I told her the Cherry ones are AMAZING if she can find them! The only one she tried that I wouldn't go near with a ten foot pole is the "sweet red bean paste Kit Kat!" Why in the heck do they put sweet red bean paste in EVERYTHING here??? It's nutty! =D

Alright, that was my interesting thing from this week! Thanks to Sara Sensei and jbox.com for making it a success! =D Take care!

1 comment:

Sara said...

plug! hehehe :D thanks so much, I do try to be educational and amusing at the same time. lol! I am on the lookout for cherry Kit Kats, and you should definitely try the melon if you get a chance. I still maintain that the azuki bean is the best though!
and, yeah, I'd heard that some places don't allow gaijins to come in, even outside of Tokyo. but I've also heard that most of them are places that gaijin wouldn't want to be in anyway!
looking forward to seeing you next month! I'm having my JET help me look at places to stay, so hopefully we can get that settled this week. eee, I'm excited! hope you have an awesome week!