Monday, November 17, 2008

Can't shake my cold!

I feel bad writing anything any a little negative on here but it's been a week without a post so I wanted to give you all an update!

I came down with a really harsh cold 7 days ago and I still haven't been able to shake it! I'm taking medicine but there isn't much time to rest, especially when three days per week you teach six hours straight, without a break. I'm doing everything possible to conserve my energy, from having my Rocky classes color to spending all my free time in bed. Because of that, I haven't *done* much exciting this week BUT that doesn't mean something exciting didn't happen!!

Assuming nothing happens to get in our way, three of my friends from the interview session in July will go to Kamakura with me next month!! Rich in history, Kamakura is the home of many temples and shrines and was the seat of Shogunate power in the late 1100s! The government there ruled Japan for over a century before power was switched over to the Ashikaga government in Kyoto (who eventually lost the power, too)!

The second largest statue of the Buddha in Japan can be found in Kamakura, along with a shrine that I'm particularly interested in seeing! If you wash your money in the shrine (coin money here goes up to $5.00 if you don't want to risk getting paper money wet) it's supposed to make it double! (Sounds good to me!!) Kamakura is also known for it's long, sandy beaches and it's located about one hour south, southwest of Tokyo.

I spent an hour in a massage chair last night and it was the best $6.00 I ever spent! I've only cracked my neck once since then, and it was just a few minutes ago! I can only afford to go once a week but man oh man is it worth it!!!

I hope you're all doing well! I love and miss you!!
~Sarah

No comments: